Wednesday 23 September 2015


Highway...to...the...Comfort Zone......



Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. -Neale Donald Walsch

To quote Dinah Washington, "What a difference a day makes." And what a day it has been. The winds of change swept through my current school location and for once, I didn't back down. A critical friend (who also happens to be my husband) tells me frequently that I live in my comfort zone. I don't like to try new things very often (unless it's food). I am very happy in my own little world I have created for myself with my happy people and my happy work and my happy children and my happy life. 


A few days ago, I decided to shake things up a bit. I approached my administrator with an idea that I thought would never happen. I was sure nothing was going to change, but I would at least feel better about having explained myself. Well, my idea became reality today. 


So, my comfort zone has stretched a little today. I guess my life is going to be begin again on Monday, when I enter a new school after declaring myself excess at my present school. I will have to start anew. But you know what? I feel good about it. I feel it was the right choice to make. And for once, I can say that I am trying something new on my terms. And that feels like a mindful thing to do. 


Mindfully yours,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment